Tuesday, January 4, 2011

WE MADE IT!!

As I type this, I'm sitting in my room (which I'm sharing with 8 other girls) in MANILA! I still can't totally believe that I'm actually here. The drive to the house was great (windows down the whole way!), and Manila looks like a really interesting city - unlike any I've ever seen before. The trip here seemed to take almost forever...and it kind of did! We left Monday morning (Indiana time) at 11:40, and we arrived in Manila at 12:10 AM on Wednesday (Philippines time). It's pretty crazy that it's technically 2:37 AM right now and I'm not tired. Jet lag is definitely going to be a struggle I think!

Tomorrow is when we'll do our orientation. We'll see get the official tour of the house we're staying in, a tour of the neighborhood, and we'll also get a chance to talk to the people we'll be working with. So tomorrow, I'll most likely get to meet my teacher!!

Well I should probably take a shower and head to bed at some sort of "reasonable" hour. :) I'll write more tomorrow!!

Thanks so much for all of your prayers :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you guys made it there! You'll do great work and I'll be praying for all of you for the duration of your time in the Philippines! I love and miss you all!!! =D

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Sarah!!! Love and miss you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job, weenie. have a travis, i mean awesome time out there.

    ReplyDelete