Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mega-Church, Mega-Mall, Mega-Tired.

Cheesy, I know. But that title totally sums up my day.

We went to a mega-church, which is pretty much the Filipino equivalent to Willow Creek (for those of you who know what that is). It was HUGE. The worship was amazing - during one of the songs they sang a verse and a chorus in Tagalog...and it was so amazing to realize that even though we were singing a different language, we were still worshipping the same God. SO COOL! The pastor talked about prayer, which smacked all of us right in the face. He talked about prioritizing your prayer, and it was really incredible. Message/e-mail me if you wanna talk more about it. :)

After church, we went over to a mega-mall, which is definitely the biggest mall I've ever seen. Ever. In my life. The exchange rate is a beautiful thing - everything is a lot cheaper here! I'm exhausted though, because we spent about 4 hours there. :/

In about half an hour, we're doing worship with the other groups that are staying in the house, and I'm so excited! I'll put up something about that tomorrow.

Sorry this is so short, but I have some homework and a little bit to prepare for tomorrow! Love and miss you all!

-Kristen

"Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the LORD God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph." (Amos 5:14-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment