Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekend!

Just realized I'm a day behind on this whole blogging thing...whoops!

Let me just start by saying that this is probably up there with one of the best weekends that I've ever had. Here's what my yesterday (Friday) looked like:

Woke up early, went to school. Nothing surprising there. The school day was wonderful...the girls in my class wrote me a letter, and they told me that they loved that I was there "playing" with them, and they wanted me to be their teacher forever. They also told me that they hoped I would miss them when I leave. :/ The school day was really great though - I definitely feel so blessed by the class I was placed in! After school, I came home and did some skyping and catching up on e-mails and what not. Around 3 pm, the teachers from Valley View (the school that about half of us are placed at) challenged our team to a volleyball game. I didn't play, but I watched. And BOY was I glad that I did. A little girl named Alexandra pretty much attached herself to me for a little more than an hour. She just kept hugging me, and looking at me and smiling. (If you look at my facebook pictures, she's in my profile picture right now and I have a bunch of pictures with her.) It absolutely broke my heart. The only English she spoke was enough to tell me that her name was Alexandra, and she was 5 years old. She was absolutely beautiful, and my heart absolutely broke for her. When I finally got up to leave (long after the game was over), she gave me a HUGE hug and a kiss, and left me with a really big smile. After I got home, I went with a group of 7 girls to go to the mall and to dinner. We took a trike and a jeepny, and it was SO much fun. I haven't laughed that hard or had that much fun in a really long time. It made me realize how blessed I am to be on this trip, and that I'm definitely here for a reason.

Today (Saturday), we went to an absolutely BEAUTIFUL waterfall that was about an hour and a half away. It was seriously stunning, and I've never seen anything like it. And not only did we just look at it, we swam in it. Yep. Today, I swam at the bottom of a WATERFALL. I couldn't even handle it. I was just so in awe of God's creation and the fact that I was getting to experience it. I'll be sure to put pictures up soon...I took a ton!

I still miss home a lot and I'm still struggling with jet lag a little bit, but I'm definitely finding my purpose and I'm definitely realizing that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be right now. My attitude towards this trip is SO much better, and I can't wait to see what got has in store for the rest of this trip. Thank you so much for all of your prayers!!

Love and miss you all.

"Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." (Ephesians 5:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment